torstai 20. marraskuuta 2014

My Cards



 
Did you know that I am a card maker. Over the years, I've made hundreds of cards, and I have never sold them. I sent them to my friends, and some I have kept to myself. I started making cards sometime in the 1980s. The earlier style is such a simple, no-sparkle, and they are pretty dark. At a dark color, I wanted to describe the dark Nordic winters, short days and freezing temperatures.

I have used many different techniques, different colored boards glued on top. Two cards in the top, I'm blowed the paint, using a straw, and after a quick drawing of removing the paint.
The lowest card I have painted the moon and silhouettes of trees with white paint.

7 kommenttia:

  1. Korttisi ovat todella kauniita!
    Mukavaa kun kerroit tekniikoista, mutta en vieläkään ymmärrä miten noin hienoja kortteja tehdään! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Sara, ei tarvita muuta kun istua pöydän ääreen kera suurien luulojen ja ison kasan tarvikkeita. Sitten vaan tekemään ja pettymään.- Yksinkertaista!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Upeat kortit,oletpa sinä taitava:)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Beautiful cards. I like the handpainted one at the bottom. Very creative.

    VastaaPoista
  5. just as i remember, you cards are gorgeous! i'm glad to see you're doing some of them again.

    sunny and cold here, tho supposed to be 50 on the weekend but with rain. oh well. ya just never know - LOL.

    hugs :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. You're very gifted and those cards are a joy for the eye :) Keep them coming !

    VastaaPoista
  7. Oh wow these are awesome and I love the techniques you have used to create such cards of beauty, especially love the idea of blowing the paint through a straw, brilliant. I also wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you leave for me on my blog they really make my day.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    VastaaPoista